TREK & KAYAK TO TAD SAE WATERFALL WITH OPTIONAL ELEPHANT RIDING & ZIP-LILNES RIDING
tour that does it all: hiking, kayaking, village visits, waterfalls, and optional elephant riding/bathing and zip-lines at an elephant camp right at the Tad Se waterfall. See local Hmong, Khmu, and Lao-Loum village life and Lao’s beautiful countryside from land and water. Trekking through jungle and farmland to visit local villages on the outskirts of Luang Prabang is followed by kayaking down the scenic Nam Khan river. In the middle is lunch at the Tad Se waterfall where you can feed, ride, and bathe elephants or brave the heights of the zip-lines through the canopy of trees. During the wet season, don’t forget your swimming suit for a refreshing swim in the aqua blue waters of the Tat Sae waterfall.
- 08:30AM meeting, introduction to group and guides, briefing on tour before departure
- Enjoy a drive about 45 minutes the village Ban Surn on the banks of the Nam Khan River
- Cross the river by small boat and begin and hour and half of trekking through jungle and rice paddies, visit a village with all three major ethnic groups (Lao Loum, Hmong, and Khmu), and finally back across the river to the village Ban En.
- After brief instruction on kayaking and water safety we’ll kayak 10 minutes to the Tad Se waterfall. We’ll stop for a delicious lunch and swim in the beautiful waters of the Tad Se waterfall. Right at the waterfall there is an elephant village where you may ride and bathe elephants for up to an hour and/or brave the heights of a kilometer of zip-lines strung through the jungle and over the waterfall.
- We’ll then hop back into our kayaks and continue down the Nam Khan river for 2.5 to 3 hours. During the wet season there are small rapids fun for all levels of experience and ages.
- Pick-up and transport back to the city by about 4:30 p.m. to conclude this fantastic tour.
Operated by: white elephant Adventure