Lao National Museum
The building, typical of French colonial architecture, was built in 1925. It was the place where independent was declared in 1945. since then, the building has been extended and used for various purposes, including the headquarter of Laos government, housing the King when visiting from Luang Prabang, and prime minister’s office until 1975, when the Laos people democratic republic was established. On December 1st, 1980, the building was converted into the Laos exhibition Hall of the revolution and in 1985 it was further upgraded to the Lao museum of the revolution. In early 2000 the building was newly opened as the Laos national museum, which now houses some 8.000 artifacts the across the country. The museum’s collection continues to increase, representing paleontology, archaeology, history and ethnology.